Panem’s Hunger Games have ended, and Capitol City glows with the exhilaration of our star-crossed lovers’ unlikely historic dual victory. With the most successful Games in years still on our nation’s mind, and a much-anticipated Quarter Quell approaching; President Snow has poured even more fuel onto the patriotic fervor engulfing Panem by officially announcing his reelection campaign as President.
The announcement came with news that President Snow has called upon the trusted talents of Laurentinus Reed; former Gamemaker, famed restaurateur, and presidential domestic advisor, to head his campaign and organize the customary "Festival of Celebration" prior to the election.
The Supreme Capitol Counsel will now begin the lengthy process of selecting official regional delegates across Panem. Counsel is also organizing the Grand Circenses nomination convention for Panem’s Presidential election. There, each delegate will have the honor of pledging their region’s support to the President.
Reed, who has been a Chairman of the Grand Circenses numerous times, is thought to be a perfect choice for the honored position of Campaign Chairman. President Snow will need someone skilled in channeling the intense exuberance of the electorate rather than stoking excitement.
“I liken it more to being Gamemaker than anything else. Everyone knows Panem will be celebrating our President with overwhelming support,” stated the new Campaign Chairman, “it’s more about how we show our gratitude to our dear leader than a question of if we show it.”
President Snow is currently enjoying some of the highest job approval ratings ever recorded, with 85% stating that Snow should be reelected, and the other 15% saying that the President should be formally given a lifetime term of office.
With initiatives like the enormously popular $15 billion Quarter Quell Arena nearing completion, and the “Keep Panem Fashionable Stimulus Act,” which allows qualifying families cash for “fashionably progressive clothing,” officials at all levels are clamoring to receive the Counsel’s notice. Panem's best and brightest are pulling out the stops to become official Circenses delegates amidst the hoopla.
Already PACs (Panem Aggrandizement Committees) are being formed allowing patrons to bind their Capitol Counsel financial contributions together without limits. Rules were recently changed by the Supreme Court, making PACs possible under campaign finance laws that formerly limited contributions to a certain amount per individual.
Snow’s nomination should be one of the most proud moments in recent Panem history.
Some believe he’ll use the opportunity to sign into law the so-called “Lunar Conversion,” or Executive Order 25446.AB12, which calls for the Moon to be renamed “Coriolanus” in honor of the President’s upcoming 77th Birthday. The legislation has already moved through the Supreme Senate, and merely awaits signature of Snow.